Wednesday 8 January 2014

Footsteps in the snow

I step out to quickly shovel a path in the snow, it is still dark I am rushing out the door to make it to a meeting on time. I am not late, but not giving myself much time to spare. As I get to the end of the driveway with the shovel I see footsteps in the snow. It is 6:45 am, it is snowing, it is around -5C and still dark out. The footsteps are breaking through around 4 or 5 inches of fresh snow, it is majestic to see, not a single vehicle track on the road, just a loan jogger breaking trail in the morning, focused on the road ahead, all else has faded into the background as they focus on each step, each breath and drive forward. In moments it will all be gone as vehicles pass and leave their tracks leaving the motivated joggers story a faded memory until tomorrow. They were not running to leave the track, not to inspire me, but for personal reasons, I am left wondering what inspiration motivates them?Do  they run for health, do they run to compete, do they run just to have a moment to themselves. Anyway I see it I know they are motivated, they break trail and drive forward! And then there is me, barely stepping out in time to get a path shoveled in the driveway. I think to myself we all need to be the one making the tracks in the snow, driving forward, motivating ourselves from the core, not the one standing with the shovel wondering what if!
Step out, break the trail and find motivation and stay focused!

No comments:

Post a Comment